Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Sunday, December 28, 2008
Alex and Arthur before opening gifts...........check out that smile. Funny how when I need a picture for Christmas cards, I can never get a decent one.
Wednesday, December 24, 2008
Monday, December 22, 2008
Thursday, December 18, 2008
One of my favorite stories that I used to read to Alex is The Christmas Story. Well, Alex really does not enjoy sitting with me and listening to me read anymore, but guess who does.........
and look what else he loves to do.........invade the Christmas tree!! What I don't understand is, he only bothers the tree when we are right there watching him. He has all day long to destroy the thing, but he just sleeps.
Unfortunately, if he's looking for gifts for himself, he will be sadly disappointed. Have not done any Arthur shopping yet.
I am off today, and have gotten a few Christmas things done. I need to get my house cleaned and then focus on the holidays the rest of the weekend. We have some more shopping to do and would like to do more baking, but that's not a high priority right now.
I will leave you with one of the pics on our Christmas card.....
Hope you all have a great rest of the week. Please keep Miss Kayleigh in your prayers, her prognosis is not good, they got a little glimmer of hope today, but still is not good.
Monday, December 15, 2008
Here's little Art ready to go have his pic taken with SANTA, however, we did not make it...my mother called and said there was about 65 kids in line when we were leaving to go up there.
Arthur wishes you ALL a great week. Stay warm, and if you can, send some warm air up this way. We need it, real bad.
Rita, Alex & Arthur
Saturday, December 13, 2008
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot chocolate
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? they are wrapped.
3. Colored light on house/tree or white? Clear lights inside and out.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nope...
5. When do you put your decorations up? The weekend before Thanksgiving is when I START. I usually arrange and rearrange decorations throughout the Christmas season.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? My Christmas Salad, recipe to follow, later.
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? Wow, so many here. Snowmobiling, sledding, Christmas with my Mom/Dad's family, decorating the tree, etc.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Can't remember when, however I am the youngest of FIVE, so that's where the truth came out.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yes, Alex and I usually open gifts after dinner on Christmas Eve.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Clear lights, family ornaments...a little bit of everything! It's a very happy-looking tree.
11. Snow. Love it or dread it? love the fresh snow, hate the dirty snow, which we have alot of!
12. Can you ice skate? YES!!
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? yep, Baby Alive....however, when cleaning up the Christmas wrap, her food was thrown away, so kind of defeated the purpose.
14. What is the most important thing about the holidays for you? It's all about Jesus! Having the opportunity to show God's love by giving to others.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? homemade oreo cookies.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Baking and delivering cookies to special people in my life.
17. What tops your Christmas tree? A white star
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? GIVING
19. What is your favorite Christmas song? Let there be Peace on Earth, oh Holy night....
21. What do you want for Christmas? LCD TV
22. Do you attend an annual Christmas party? work party after Christmas
23. Do you dress up for Christmas Eve or wear PJ's? We dress up for church, then Christmas jammies the rest of the night.
24. Do you own a Santa hat? Yes
25. Who do you normally spend Christmas with? My family. However, what we do changes by the year. This year we are going to a movie on Christmas Day.
Now, I'm supposed to tag five others. I always cheat on this part, though. I am inviting everyone to participate. :o) Have fun!
Saturday, December 6, 2008
I found this sled last summer at a garage sale. Alex bought me the kissing bears a few years ago. Little Arthur likes to attack those Bears any chance he gets!!
Thursday, December 4, 2008
Yes, we still have snow. I had to dig this sign out to add the Holiday greenery.
Our living room tree. This is where you will find the gifts, provided I have purchased some. There is one under the tree, and plans for more to come, real soon.
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
I have finally finished the Christmas decorating. I will be posting some pics tomorrow. I have not really made a dent in my Christmas shopping, I attempted on Black Friday afternoon, however, a crabby Rita and a ton a people don't do well together. So, I called it a day, came home and started watching the Gilmore Girls, Season 4. I am now onto Season 5. It's been cold here, so it's nice to stay home where it's warm.
On Saturday, I will be having another birthday. We will be going into town for my free dinner at Up the Creek, and then I am not sure what I have planned. I don't get to crazy on my b-day, so an evening at home would be great.
I am off to start my day off cleaning, so I have less to do tomorrow!!
Have a great evening, will be by with pics tomorrow.
Having a better day,