Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A Day to Remember

One year ago today, Jon, our favorite dentist/friend passed away unexpectedly, at the young age of 42. Left his wife, 3 kids, parents, sisters and their families and a community heartbroken. It was a day that nobody will ever forget. I still remember laying on my bed watching a What Not to Wear marathon, when my mother called and told me that Jon Florence passed away. It's an aweful memory. His dental office has been revamped, new floors, new paint, new furniture....the only thing left of him is the wildlife photos hanging on the ceiling, and the new equipment that he had recently purchased and had only used a few times.


Now today, we have a new President of the United States. Another memorable day. We've been watching the events off and on since I got home from work. I found this photo online, and would like to share it with you all......


Out with the OLD, in with the NEW.

Lastly, we are overly excited in our family that the AZ Cardinals are in the Super Bowl!! Never in a million years did I think this would happen. My son started cheering for them 2 years ago, and now here they are, Super Bowl bound!!!
We will definately be having a party this year!!!

That's all I have for tonight. I worked well over 30 hours this weekend on call, and am still dragging. I need some sleep!!! I am off Friday, so looking forward to a 3 day weekend.

Enjoy the rest of the week!!

Rita

2 comments:

Beth E. said...

I'm so sorry about your friend. What a sad thing to happen. Saying a prayer for his family. I'm sure yesterday was especially hard for them.

Ummm...I have to admit that we are pulling for the Steelers! Bill has been a big Steelers fan for many, many years. Bill will be in rare form on game day! lol

Take it easy this weekend...you deserve some down time!

Tonjia said...

Rita, I am sorry to hear about your friends passing too. He was so young.

On a lighter note we are also thrilled to hear about the cardinals! This is their year!!