Sunday, November 23, 2008

Thanksgiving Week 2008


With Thanksgiving just a few days away, I thought it would be appropriate to post about what I am thankful for.

I am Thankful for......

My son.....Lord only knows where and what I would be doing without him. He's the light of my life, even though at times that light is not so bright, he's my everything!!!

My parents.....oh my, where do I start?? They have always been there for me and my son. When I need a vacuum that works real well, my Mom brings me hers. When I need a little celery for some soup, shes right there, celery in hand. They always seem to have what I need, even $$, sometimes. (that has not happened in many years.......) They have always been around to help me with Alex, and now that Alex is a big boy, he helps them!

My friends.....not sure where to start here. Over the years I have met so many people, some that still remain friends, that I keep in touch with and some that are just friends whom I will never forget. Today, I must say that I am VERY Thankful for Tania (farmchick to you bloggers out there) and my friend Michelle. Not sure what I would do without either of the two. They both are handy to have around. (did I just say, handy??) I have known Tania for years, met as a family friend. (she was my sisters BFF) Michelle, I met during my employment at Herbergers Dept Store. We both have boys around the same age, and both loved Happy Joes Pizza at the time we worked together, so I think thats what brought us together. We still enjoy lunch/shopping together when time permits.

My little Arthur.....hmmmm, he has brought so much joy to our lives, as well, as a little frustration. He's my little buddy that will whine every night at 10 pm, if I am not in bed. (he is ready for bed by then, if not earlier) He will pull the covers down just enough to crawl underneath all the blankets. So precious.

My co workers......I so enjoy my job, most days. However, if it wasn't for some of the staff that I work with it would not be as enjoyable. We have a fun group of employees, and come Monday, I am almost excited to see them!!

Days OFF.......I love my days off. I could so be a stay at home Mom. If I would someday win the lottery, that's what I will do.

My Health.....I am very thankful for my health!! I have had a few issues this year, but nothing I couldn't handle. Heck, I don't think I even had a flow blown cold this past year.

My BLOGGER Friends.....you guys are the BEST!! Anyone that I can get to read my blog, is by far AWESOME!! Yes, I know I am not very timely with posts, but that only means I have been busy, and that is good. I also enjoy reading about all of you and your families.


Mostly I am thankful for a happy life. I know that I don't have a perfect life, however, I do have a good job, a roof over my head, a fabulous son who works hard in school, a car that gets me to work and back, what more could I ask for???? (someone to wash my car would be good, but I'm ok with that....)


I hope you all have a Wonderful Thanksgiving. Unfortunately, I am on call this year, so I will be staying at the hospital, dining at the cafeteria, having a great time, I'm sure.


Very Thankful,

Rita, Alex and Arthur


5 comments:

Debbie said...

Wonderful blog!!!! That's why I love Thanksgiving so much!! If it makes you feel any better, my husband has to work also on Thanksgiving. I don't understand why Walmart can't close on Thanksgiving. :o( I will think of you on that day too!!

God Bless~
Debbie

Holly said...

Sounds like you do have a lot to be thankful for...we ALL do though!!! I plan to post my list tomorrow or Thursday. I enjoyed reading ur's...I hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving! God Bless! Holly

BTW, I LOVE ur little dog...he's so cute!

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

Hi Rita, great list. Saw you on Tania's and just thought I'd stop by and say Happy Thanksgiving.

Farmchick said...

Well I am thankful for you too!! :) I could have done with out the ONE comment about me in your post! ha ha

Have a Blessed Thanksgiving..even if you are working!!! We have a lot to be thankful for.

Tonjia said...

I like your list!! I am thankful for many of the same things. Including a little black and tan doxie..