Friday, February 20, 2009

Walk On

After almost a year of constant foot pain, I finally found a pair of shoes that fit my needs. I purchased a generic pair of MBT Shoes. They are a multi-layered, curved sole that accomplishes a natural but uneven walking surface. This technology is meant to make the core strengthening muscles more active, creating better posture and increasing shock absorbtion for all of the joints. It also makes wearing the shoes quite a unique experience, and a bit of a workout. For me, it really takes the pressure off my heals, where I experience most of my pain.
The generic shoe comes from K-Mart, for the small price of $25. The original MBT shoes are sold for around $200!!! They are quite ugly, but I guess I can have ugly shoes, as long as I can walk without too much pain.
So, for you health care workers out there, I would highly recommend trying them out. Google them and do some research, you will be amazed.
Alex is off to another Speech Meet tomorrow and I am off to spend some time with friends, and watch my nephew play his last home basketball game.
Have a great weekend!
Rita

3 comments:

Tonjia said...

hmmmm I am going to google these shoes and check them out! I wear Crocs at work and love them, but I am sure they will be outlawed sometime in the future.

Beth E. said...

Even though I'm not a health care professional, I do have problems with my feet. I'm going to check these out!

Kindra-At Home With K said...

I had to buy new shoes for my nursing job. I only spent $10 but I'm not on my feet very much working nights. But I know how it is working on your feet all day in surgery, so I'm sure those shoes are wonderful!