Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Hump Day....

Today is hump day.......I think most people like hump day, I on the other hand, dislike the day!! It starts out way too early for me, (5am) and does not end until 8pm, when we are done with our church activities. Then its off to bed for me, and up early again Thursday.
Today, I had the opportunity to care for a young man that I once cared for as a child. (I was his summer babysitter...) First off, this made me feel extremely OLD, Secondly, I was very happy to have been there for him. I could see the sense of relief that he had when I told him that I would be in the OR with him today. He presently lives in the Fresno, CA area, so to actually see a famliar face, was a huge relief for him...(at least he appeared to be relieved, perhaps, he was frightened??)
While Alex was at speech therapy today, I went to Target to get light bulbs, and walked out with the Knocked Up DVD!! Good movie, been watching it off and on since I got home. Maybe someday I will be able to sit and watch the whole movie.

"Here is a simple, rule-of-thumb guide for behavior: Ask yourself what you want people to do for you, then grab the initiative and do it for them."Matthew 7:12

Enjoy the rest of the week!!
Rita, Alex and Arthur

No comments: