Sunday, October 25, 2009

A Recipe Post - Apple Juice

If you are wondering what to do with all those apples, how about trying some homemade apple juice?? It's real easy, and tastes delicious!!

Here's what you need......

Enough APPLES to fill a 5 qt pail, cut in quarters, no need to core or remove the seeds.

2 T CREAM OF TARTAR, & 5qts of WATER
Boil the water and cream of tartar, and pour over the cut up apples.
Cover and let sit for 24 hours.


It should look something like this. Next you will want to drain the juice from the apples. I like to use a flour sack towel to drain, it gets all the little particles from the apples. Drain into a large kettle, add 1-2 cups of SUGAR, depending on how sweet you like it. Bring to a boil, and walla, you have APPLE JUICE!! I have canned the juice in the past, but recently, I have started putting in water jugs that I get from work and freezing them. Works great.

and.....here's the finished project!!
Very simple, and you only need apples, cream of tartar, water and sugar!!
That was my project for the weekend, amongst many other little projects around the house....
Last night I attended a wedding of a wonderful couple whom I babysat while growing up. The wedding was gorgeous, and alot of fun. Such a sweet, young couple, I wish them the very best!!
That's all for today, hope you all have a great Sunday, and enjoy the new week!!




1 comment:

Beth E. said...

That sounds easy enough...I may give it a try! I love apple cider, too. We simmer it with a few cinnamon sticks...yum!