Sunday, August 16, 2009

Simply August

It's hard to believe that August is in full swing, and in 11 days Alex will start his Junior year of high school. Earlier this week the temp was 100 degrees, today it's 69. We really have not even had much of a summer, but I am prepared to get this school year started!!

So far, we've been busy this month:

* we were in Minneapolis for 4 days this past week.
* Alex celebrated his 17th birthday on the 9th.
* my nephew Tyler turned 18 on the 5th.
* my sister will have a birthday tomorrow - not sure how old, just know that shes older then ME!!
* my nephew Taylor left for college, he's now part of the NCAA!!
* my 2 friends from high school were here this week to cool off at our home town pool!! they brought their little people and we all had fun!!
* Alex purchased his first laptop with his own money!!
* I've been busy outside trying to trim up some of my flowers....they are overgrowing my flower bed!!
* the list goes on.


I am back to work tomorrow after having the past week off. ugh. I love being at home, but miss the social aspect of work.






Hope you all enjoy the week!!

3 comments:

Susan said...

Sounds like a fun, busy summer. My boys start back to school on Wednesday. We have had a eventful summer and a cool summer. I keep waiting for the 90 degree, hot days. I don't think we are going to get any.
Susan

Beth E. said...

Beautiful flowers! We've had a very unusual summer...lots of rain, and relatively mild temperatures. Nothing has grown very well! I've been disappointed with my veggies and my flowers. Our area had a major problem with tomato blight. Hardly anyone has had any decent tomatoes!

Alex is growing up quickly...we helped Bo move to college last week. We're helping Billy return to his college tomorrow. Things sure are gonna be quiet around here! Bill and I are hoping to have a break from an extremely expensive summer. Bo's laptop for college, Billy needed to replace his laptop (his other one died), both boys had eye/dental exams, Bo needed wisdom teeth removed AND needed glasses, my car and Bo's car needed a complete set of tires, etc. The list goes on and on. Hopefully, we won't need to make any major repairs or purchases for a long while!

Sounds as if you've had a fun time this summer. I pray that your winter will be much milder than the last one!

Blessings,
Beth E.
P.S. Love your new background. :)

Farmchick said...

Hey--you changed your background...I like it!

Talk to you soon.