Wednesday, June 25, 2008

See You Soon Alex........

My son left this morning for Atlanta. We were up and on the bus at 3 am, at the airport by 3:30, and on the plane before 4:30 am. It was a bittersweet moment for me.....my baby is all grown up and flying the friendly skies, without his mother!!! He looked so grown up and actually looked happy to be leaving........a little break from each other will be good. However, I do miss him, as it is very quiet here.


I actually have a busy week ahead of me......work late tomorrow, on call Friday, traveling to Bismarck on Saturday, will be home Sunday to clean my house, and then back on call Monday, work Tuesday, and then Alex will be home that night!!! The time will go fast, will be no time for tears!!
The following are pics from this morning. Enjoy!



The look that says....."get that camera out of here, why did I let you come to the airport?"

Alex checking in.........


All ready for his new adventure....watch out HOTlanta!!!



Lastly, the airplane that I trusted with my sons life!! He landed in Atlanta around 11 am this morning safely. I was never so relieved to here that they landed, and that he did not get sick on his first flight!! Last I heard they were shopping at the mall connected to the motel waiting to get into their rooms.

While uploading pictures, I got a disturbing email that I must share. As many of you may or may not know, my friend Murray passed away in November 2007. (he was 45) Prior to his cancer diagnosis, his daughter (15 yrs old) had 7 months of treatment for melenoma. Megan found out last week that she has some suspicious lymph nodes in her neck, and will have to be removed. Megan is to start her first year at NDSU in August. Please keep Murrays family in your prayers.....this just makes me sick.....how much more can this family go through???

Enjoy the rest of the week,

Rita


2 comments:

Farmchick said...

Oh my....that would be hard to send your child off! I can't believe how much he looks like your brother Ronnie! WOW! I am sure Alex will have a great time.

Farmchick said...

Tania was just showing me your blog nice pictures but one thing....your music songlist sucks! My condolences..

Ronnie